Ford Racing has taken its Boss Block to the max with the biggest small block Windsor crate engine ever – the Z460. With 575 horsepower and 575 Lb. Ft. of torque, Z460 packs a pump gas fueled punch that works well on the street and on the track.
The foundation of the Z460 is the legendary Ford Racing Boss block topped off with high port/high flow Z-Heads. Premium components from the best aftermarket companies are used throughout the engine, like a SCAT® forged steel crankshaft, SCAT® forged H-beam connecting rods, forged Mahle® pistons and Clevite® bearings. And every Ford Racing Z460 engine is hand assembled in the U.S. with performance clearances.
575 Horsepower @ 5,500 RPM
575 Lb.Ft. Torque @ 4,700 RPM
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 460
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.150" bore x 4.250" stroke
- Block: Boss 351 9.5" deck
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting Rods: SCAT® forged steel H-beam 6.125-inch length connecting rods
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .594"/.618"
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 242°/248°
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Racing M-6049-Z304DA Aluminum "Z" Cylinder Heads
- Valve size (in): 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms : Ford Racing M-6564-F351 Roller Rocker arms
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper – Ford Racing M-6316-D302 SFI Approved
- Valve Covers: Ford Racing cast aluminum – silver painted finish
- Oil Pan: Steel with deep front (9 quart) or rear sump (7quart) pan with louvered windage tray and crankshaft scraper (M-6675-FT351 front sump or M-6675-DRS351 rear sump))
- Water pump: Ford Racing M-8501-G351 included – long type - standard rotation
- Includes Ford Racing M-9439-A50 intake manifold gaskets
- Distributor: not included. Steel distributor gear required.
- Required fuel: Premium Unleaded
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended rpm: 5,600 RPM
- Balanced: Internal – use neutral balance flywheel
- Recommended intake: Edelbrock PN 2924 Super Victor (not included)
- New block, oil and water pump, performance oil pan and high-performance harmonic balancer
- Engine power ratings achieved with Edelbrock® Super Victor intake, Holley® 850 CFM carburetor, long tube headers.
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required. Call the Ford Racing Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information.
- INSTALLATION NOTES: Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- This engine has a performance oil pan and pick-up, standard rotation timing chain cover and M-8501-G351 standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
- The M-6059-D351 timing chain cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps.
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- A standard rotation water pump is installed on the engine. Other applications may require different water pumps and timing chain covers.
- The crankshaft damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
- Flywheel not included, the engine is neutral balanced.
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order).
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary
Now available in short block form
Watch a Z460 small block crate engine thump the engine dyno. It's streetable, runs on pump gas and delivers 575 horsepower and 575 Lb. Ft. of torque.
Ford Racing Performance Parts