MSD's new series of Atomic AirForce intake manifolds opened a lot of eyes at the 2014 SEMA Show. The new intake systems were thoroughly researched and painstakingly developed to deliver improved airflow to both stock and modified LS-series engines. The unique tuned length bell-mouthed intake runners emulate proven competition practice as seen in a current LT 5.5 C7.R Corvette road racing engine shown on the right.
The cross sectional area and tuned length are suitable for high performance street and some racing applications while optimizing available plenum volume with an unobstructed flow path over opposing runners. The polymer molded 2-piece design also allows easy access to the runners for porting if desired.
Atomic AirForce intakes accept an OEM or 103mm throttle body as well as stock or aftermarket fuel rails including MSD’s Atomic LS EFI system. The intake is a direct bolt on for all applications. Check out these amazing features:
- Lingenfelter test shows 36 HP AT THE REAR WHEELS over the competition as tested on a LPE L28 Camaro.
- Polymer material resists heat soak and minimizes weight.
- 103mm Throttle bore allows the use of large throttle bodies for greater air flow.
- Direct flow path runner design promotes maximum airflow.
- Patent Pending. CARB Pending
- Allows for the use of stock fuel rails,aftermarket rails including the Atomic LS EFI.
- Two-piece manifold design provides
convenient access to the runners for porting.
- Designed using Computational Fluid Dynamic Modeling to create optimal plenum volume and efficient air flow paths.
- Models available for LS1, 2, 3, 6, 7, L99 and the new LT1 engine.
Early testing performed by Lingenfelter Performance Engineering has shown the new intake to maintain or slightly increased low speed and mid-range power while generating substantial gains at higher rpm. Atomic AirForce intakes are available to fit the full range of LS engine applications. See chart below for your specific engine. Early checking shows the initial price range to ne $950-1100 depending on the application.
|LS7 PN 2701|
2006 – 2013 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
LS2 PN 2702
2005-2007 Chevrolet Corvette
2006-2007 Cadillac CTS-V
2005-2006 Pontiac GTO
2005-2006 Chevrolet SSR
LT1 PN 2700
2014-2015 Chevrolet Corvette
|LS3/L99 PN 2703|
2008-2013 Chevrolet Corvette
2010-2014 Chevrolet Camaro
2014 Chevrolet SS
LS1/6 PN 2702*
1997-2004 Chevrolet Corvette
2004-2005 Cadillac CTS-V
2004 Pontiac GTO
* requires PN 2709 Adapter for use with O.E. TB
requires LS2 or aftermarket fuel rails
1350 Pullman Drive,
El Paso, Texas 79936